Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bay's Birth Story


Bay's Birth Story

Being a week overdue with Owen, I just had a feeling I would be late with my second baby too.  I always had hopes of going a couple days early but the days past and that never happened.  My due date, October 8th rolled around. 

8 AM - Get up for the day  

Happy 2nd Birthday, Owen! We were planning on celebrating Owen's birthday that evening, and so my mind was really focused on baking a cake for him! For a couple weeks I had been having Braxton Hicks, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I had a Dr. appointment the week prior and I was only dilated 1-2 cm.  That didn't mean a whole lot to me, because it can all happen so fast!  Even tho it was my due date, having a baby wasn't on my mind at this point because I felt nothing, and was really just focused on Owen's Birthday.  And seriously, who even goes into labor on their due date anyways?  I heard just 4% of moms. Let alone the brother's birthday. 

9 AM - Starting to get a few Braxton Hicks.  I thought, "Could this be the start of something?" I shrugged it off.   I didn't want to get too excited and nervous for no reason. These contraction/braxton hicks were getting stronger.  It is so hard to know what is real or not.  So I text Paul who was in Fort Wayne at work at this time. Below my texting is in green and Paul's is gray.  (I apologize in advance for our over excited/ slightly embarrassing texting conversation) lol  *The time on the screenshot text picture isn't accurate to the time of the actual text.




I love how organized Paul is and keeping track of the time for me!






My poor husband!



























At this point I was about to panic! Running around the house trying to get everything, even tho I was mostly already packed up.  So I finally grab my bags, and drag Owen out of bed.  I get to my mom's at approximately 10:15.  My sister and mom are doing a painting project. They drop what they are doing.  At this point my contractions were getting stronger and stronger.  I knew it was for real.  My mom keeps Owen, while Kara drives me to Fort Wayne where we meet Paul. (Thanks, Kara! but maybe next time don't hit so many bumps on the road! jk :) Then off Paul and I go to Dupont Hospital in a hurry.  We were so glad to get there!

11:30 AM - Arrive at Dupont and they are so busy!! 

Noon - The nurse checks me and I am dilated at 8.5 cm. :0 I told them I really want an epidural!

12:35 PM - I was relieved when they said it wasn't too late for an epidural. Pfew!  The anesthesiologist told me to just not have the baby in the middle of them giving it to me. He laughed!  I didn't.  I am still glad I got it, even tho I am not sure it had a lot of time to kick in before she was born.

1:05 PM - Started pushing

1:17 PM -  Bay Adelyn is born.  Praise Jesus for a healthy baby girl! 8 lbs. 1 oz. 21"  


Thanks to my AMAZING husband for putting up with me, and being a wonderful, helpful, encouraging coach!  I couldn't of done it without him by my side!  


  

4 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait... can I weigh in here? You left out some significant contractions/conversations on your way up to Fort Wayne to meet Paul:) While I acted like a confident older sister... I remember (pretend)calmly saying, "hey just let me know if you feel like you need to push or anything." And I didn't have a clue what i'd do if you got to that point. I was rather tense to be honest. And also worried that you'd break the hand grip off the ceiling of my van! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...what a story! thanks for sharing :) i love hearing these.
    ~sarah q

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) Yay for Beth posting!
    2.) Haha to Kara's comment:)
    3.) Thanks for sharing the story- I love birth stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting! and i just love the texts back and forth and the spreadsheet tracking! hehe! happy for your growing family :) she's a doll.

    ReplyDelete